The purpose of this privacy notice (“Notice”) is to inform you of how TASAKI UK BRANCH (UK establishment number BR019464) and its UK subsidiary, TASAKI UK LTD. (Company number 10246254) (“we”, “us” and “our”) will process the personal data of our customers (“you” and “your”) as joint data controllers and the measures and processes we have put in place to ensure its adequate protection. Providing such information is one of the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”).
This notice does not form any contractual relationship between you and us, and we may amend it from time to time.
2. LAWFUL PROCESSING
We only process your personal data:
- (a) where you have given your consent (you may withdraw your consent at any time, by making request using the contact details set out below);
- (b) where the processing is necessary to provide our products or services to you;
- (c) where the processing is necessary to respond to a request from you;
- (d) where the processing is necessary to improve our services or websites;
- (e) where the processing is necessary for compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations
3. WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- 3.1 We process the following types of personal data about you:
- (a) Name, email address and other contact details
- (b) Personal details such as gender, date of birth and marital status;
- (c) Details of transactions with us such as delivery details and payment methods (however, we do not store your payment card details);
- (d) Purchase history, customer service history and guarantee information;
- (e) Details of your preferences for types of marketing events or materials;
- (f) Details of your access to our facilities and systems;
- (g) Your messages, feedback or contributions to customer surveys.
- 3.2 It may be mandatory for you to provide us with your personal data in order to enable us to manage our business and operations, to provide our products or services to you or to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. If you fail to provide your personal data when requested, we may not be able to provide our products or services to you.
4. HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA.
We collect your personal data mainly from the information you submit to us. Typical situations include when you buy or order a product from us, when we register a product guarantee for you, when we service or repair a product for you, when you complete a customer survey, when you send us emails and other correspondence and when you sign up to our marketing or market data news lists.
Where we operate a concession in another retailer’s store (such as a department store or a shopping centre), details of your transactions such as delivery details and payment methods will be processed by the store’s systems and will not be shared with us. If you fill out a Tasaki customer registration form, your personal data on the form will be processed by us and will not be shared with the retailer’s store.
5. HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- (a) to provide you with requested products or services;
- (b) to process your payments;
- (c) to respond to your messages or posts to us;
- (d) to provide you with product guarantee;
- (e) to provide you with after-sales services such as repairment of products;
- (f) to send you servicing reminders;
- (g) to provide you with promotional and marketing materials about our products and services that we think you may be interested;
- (h) to manage, develop and improve our product range, services, stores, information technology systems and websites;
- (i) to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- (j) to ensure the security of our facilities and systems;
- (k) to comply with court orders and exercise and/or defend our legal rights.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data may be transferred to (including accessed in or stored in) a country or territory outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including to countries whose laws may not offer the same level of protection of personal data as are enjoyed within the EEA. In particular, we may share your personal data with our group companies outside of the EEA including Japan. We will ensure that any such international transfers are made subject to appropriate or suitable safeguards as required by the GDPR. You can obtain copies of the relevant safeguard documents by making a request as set out below.
7. WHEN WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We do not and will not sell, rent out or trade your personal data. We will only disclose your personal data to third parties expressly authorised by you to receive your personal data and the following recipients:
- (a) to our group companies for the purposes of reserving a product, delivery, repair and fabrication, orders, and after-sales service, and any other services that will contribute to your benefit;
- (b) to third parties who process your personal data on our behalf such as our IT system providers, and agents for our direct mail dispatch;
- (c) to any third party to whom we assign or novate any of our rights or obligations;
- (d) to any prospective buyer in the event we sell any part of our business or assets; and
- (e) to any government, regulatory agency, enforcement or exchange body or court where we are required to do so by applicable law or regulation or at their request.
8. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting your personal data and will implement and maintain appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to protect your personal data from accidental or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure or access.
9. YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
- 9.1 Under certain circumstances, you have the following rights in relation to our processing of your personal data:
- (a) The right of access
- (b) The right to rectification
- (c) The right to erasure
- (d) The right to restriction of processing
- (e) The right to object to processing
- (f) The right to data portability
- 9.2 If you wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact us using the contact details provided below. We may request that you prove your identity in order for us to comply with our security obligations and to prevent unauthorised disclosure of data.
10. HOW LONG WE WILL HOLD YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR
We will only retain your personal data as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory or internal policy requirements.
11. Direct Marketing
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. You can always contact us if you would like us to stop all forms of direct marketing.
12. MESSAGE FOR CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18
Our websites are not directed to children and children under the age of 18 are not permitted to create an account on our websites. If you are the age of 17 or younger, please do not use our websites. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from a child under the age of 18, we will promptly delete the personal data.
13. HOW WE UPDATE OR CHANGE THIS FAIR PROCESSING NOTICE
We may change or update parts of this Notice in order to maintain our compliance with applicable law and regulation or following an update to our internal practices. We will do this by updating this Notice on https://www.tasaki.co.uk/privacypolicy/. You will not necessarily be directly notified of such a change. Therefore, please ensure that you regularly check this Notice so you are fully aware of any changes or updates.
14. HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US
If you have any queries about the contents of this Notice or your personal data, or wish to make a request in relation to your personal data, please contact us using the details set out below:
Post: Data Protection Compliance Manager, 170 New Bond Street, London, W1S 4RB
15. HOW TO LODGE A COMPLAINT TO THE REGULATOR
We commit to resolve complaints about our use of your personal data. If you consider that we have breached your data protection rights, please contact us using the details set out above. If you are not satisfied with the response, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, which can be contacted at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.